Friday Update – November 16, 2018
Posted By gconnelly on November 16, 2018
Management Office Closure
The Management Office will be closed on Thursday, November 22nd, through Friday, November 23rd, in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday. During this time, the front desk staff will be available to assist you with any immediate requests. All other inquiries will be addressed by Management starting Monday, November 26th. Please note that the weekly newsletter will not be distributed next week due to the short holiday week. Thank you and have a great holiday weekend!
Package Pickup & Disposal
As a courtesy to the front desk staff, we kindly ask that all residents please attempt to retrieve packages as they arrive. With the approaching holidays, the package room becomes extremely full, making it difficult to maneuver around to retrieve other items. Also, please be reminded to break down all boxes and dispose of them in the main refuse room located on P-1. Do not leave boxes in the trash rooms located on the residential floors or place them down the trash chute! Management and the staff appreciate your cooperation!
On Monday, November 19th, from 8:00am to 3:00pm, the Association’s janitorial company, P.M.S., is scheduled to vacuum the entire parking garage. The janitorial staff will start on parking level one and will work down to parking level 5. During this time, the Association would like to request that all vehicles be removed from the garage, as this work will create dust that may settle on vehicles in the area. If your vehicle is not removed, your parking space will not be vacuumed and the Association will not be responsible for dirt that may settle on your vehicle. Please see the anticipated schedule for the vacuuming of each parking level referenced below:
|Garage Vacuuming—Monday, November 19|
|Parking level 1||8:00am—9:00am|
|Parking level 2||9:00am—10:00am|
|Parking level 3||10:00am—11:00am|
|Parking level 4||11:30am—12:30pm|
|Parking level 5||12:30pm—1:30pm|
Please note that the time frames referenced above are estimated and are subject to change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation with this matter. Please contact Management with any questions or concerns you may have at (619) 237-8079.
Below are a few helpful reminders in preparation for the upcoming holidays:
- Events or gatherings of twenty (20) persons or more require written notice to Management with a minimum 24-hour notice along with a guest list. Please be reminded that Sapphire residents are responsible for all guests, their actions and all noise levels being lowered after 10:00pm. This includes bringing guests in from the balcony.
- Please do not place large amounts of food or food such as potato peels, extremely fibrous material like corn husks, celery stalks, onion skins, and artichokes down the disposal. Also, no coffee grounds, grease, oil or fat can be allowed into your garbage disposal or drains.
- It is important to remember that all items thrown down the trash chute must be properly bagged. Loose items and trash should not be thrown down the trash chute. Also, glass and recyclables should not be thrown down the trash chute. Small amounts of recyclables can be placed in the blue recycle bins located on each floor, but large amounts must be broken down and placed in the receptacle located in the refuse room on parking level one (1).
- The acceptable time frame for winter holiday decorations for Residential Condominiums is from the day after Thanksgiving until January 2nd. All other decorations must be displayed no more than seven (7) calendar days prior to the day of the holiday, and must be removed within five (5) calendar days after the holiday.
- Holiday decorations must be displayed only inside the Residential Unit. Decorations are prohibited within balconies, hallways, Common Area, Association Property or any other area outside of the Residential Unit. Residents may not hang holiday decorations on the outside of any door to their Condominiums. Only fire retardant coated natural trees and artificial trees are permitted within a Condominium.
For any plumbing emergencies from Thursday, November 22nd—Sunday, November 25th, please contact Pipe Trades at (619) 452-2334 and press 9 for the emergency technician. Please see the attached rate sheet.
Common Area Accidents
Over the past few weeks Management has found that certain issues have gone unreported. Please be reminded that it is crucial for residents to clean up after themselves and their guests in the event of an accident. If you are unable to clean, please contact the front desk at (619) 376-9906 to report any accidents. This includes, but is not limited to, liquid spills, broken items, pet urine/feces & vomit. Please note that bodily fluids are preferred to be cleaned up by the responsible party. Your assistance with these matters is appreciated by your neighbors and staff! Please contact the Management Office with any questions or concerns you may have.
Sapphire Annual Toy Drive— ‘Tis the season for giving!
All Sapphire residents are encouraged to join USO San Diego in helping the children of our active duty military families! Simply purchase a new, unwrapped toy or gift card for children from toddler up to age 18 and drop off your gift in the USO gift donation box located in the Sapphire lobby from November 27th – December 20th. Please see the flyer posted in the mailroom.
*BOARD MEETING NOTICE—The next Board meeting has been scheduled for Monday, November 26th, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. in the second floor Clubroom. All owners are encouraged to attend. We hope to see you there!
*BUILDING SCHEDULE—Please see the building schedule posted in the mailroom for information on items taking place throughout Sapphire. Please contact the Manager Assistant, Jazmin Seaton, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for all elevator, Clubroom and contractor scheduling requests.
- Saturday, November 17, 10:30am Culinary Historians of San Diego will be at the San Diego Central Library, www.culinaryhistoriansofsandiego.com/
- Wednesday, November 21, 6:30pm Cooking class at Jimbo’s located in Horton Plaza, www.jimbos.com
- Thursday, November 22 Thanksgiving Day Holiday
- Friday, November 30, 7pm Critical Mass Bicycle Ride will start at the large fountain located in Balboa Park, www.sdcriticalmass.com
- Please check http://www.discoversd.com/events/#/92101-san-diego/all/today or http://www.sandiegoreader.com/events/# or http://www.sandiego.org/events.aspx for additional events in San Diego.
*Do you have any ideas or information you would like to share? Please contact the Management office or speak with the front desk regarding upcoming community events you would like us to include.